Paying for permanent residential care - Fact Sheet - added on 24/10/2013
Paying for permanent residential care. How to obtain help from your local authority, Assessment and eligibility, When assistance is not ‘otherwise available’, The means test, Your savings and capital, Jointly held capital, Notional capital, Valuation of capital, Deprivation of assets, Your income, Disregarded income, Income that is partly disregarded, ‘Notional’ income, Social security and disability benefits, Pension Credit, Attendance Allowance (AA), Disability Living Allowance (DLA) and Personal Independence Payment (PIP), The introduction of Personal Independence Payments, Choice of accommodation and top-up, Third party contributions, Residents’ contributions to more expensive accommodation, Personal Expenses Allowance, The means test calculation, Paying for ‘extras’ in care homes, Arrangements for paying the care home fee, Non means tested assistance with care costs, Fully funded NHS continuing healthcare, Rehabilitation — intermediate care and re-ablement, Care provided by registered nurses in care homes, Free mental health ‘after-care’ services, Continence services, Specialist assessment and bespoke equipment, Paying for permanent residential care, Assistance for war veterans, Acting for someone else, Appointeeships for benefits, Advocacy, Appointing someone to act for you, Arranging and paying for your care yourself, Care home contracts, Complaints, standards and equality
To download this factsheet/guide, click on the following button:
download factsheet/guide
Contact nameHelpline
OrganisationAge UK South Lakeland
Contact tel01539 728180
Request printed copies of this factsheet/guide
If you would like to request printed copies of this factsheet/guide, please complete and submit the form below. Your details will be emailed to the contact person for this factsheet/guide, who will be in touch with you regarding your request
Your name
Your email address
Number of copies required
If you submitted this factsheet and would like it edited or removed from our listings, please email your request to